Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Who am I? Why do I want to be an educator? What are my passions?

My name is Kaitlyn Parker. I am 20 years old but will be 21 years old in August. I grew up in Ocean Springs, MS and graduated in 2010 from Ocean Springs High School. I took dance classes for 10 years and also did competition dancing for my dance studio. I was also on the Ocean Springs High School dance team. I did ballet, pointe, jazz, tap, and lyrical styles of dancing.I was raised by my father and grew up with only him. I loved living by the beach and enjoyed it quite frequently. I have the cutest and sweetest pomeranian. She is the best gift I have ever received. I decided to go to the University of South Alabama for elementary education because it is only one hour from home and I am also able to still receive in state tuition prices even though I am from Mississippi.I took one year at Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College right out of high school and then transferred to South Alabama. Fall will begin my third year at South Alabama. I am hoping to start candidacy in spring 2014. I want to enter the field of education because I have always enjoyed being around children and helping them learn new things. Dancing and children are my passions. Dancing helps me to release stress and children bring joy and laughter to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment