Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Project #2 PLN

PLN or Personal Learning Network

symbaloo homepage


I used Symbaloo as my personal learning network. A personal learning network is a set of tools or people that can help and assist you. I choose Symbaloo because I like the icon boxes you can pick or create and I liked that it was simple, yet effective. It is a way to group all the websites I visit most and have them all in one place. I can even set Symbaloo as my homepage. This is helpful so when I open Google Chrome all of my most visited websites pop up right away and I do not have to go searching for them each time. There are many websites you can click and choose from that are already on Symbaloo but you can also create your own. I created my own icon on my Symbaloo homepage for the EDM 310 class blog, instruction manual and master checklist. This helps me have everything I need in one place. I have blogger, YouTube, Gmail, and Twitter all in one place also.  I can edit the background and pictures on each icon to anything I want. By having Twitter on my homepage I have access to my EDM 310 instructor and lab assistants, as well as other teachers and educators around the world whose blogs and twitter accounts I am following. Symbaloo is a great tool to use. As shown in the video Welcome to my PLE! it can even be used by grade level students. Each day at the beginning of class the 7th grade student in the video uses Symbaloo to access her science agenda. She organizes her Symbaloo with all her class work in one row. Symbaloo allows you to organize whatever websites you want however you want. There is a lot of freedom when creating your Symbaloo homepage to create your own Personal Learning Network!

No comments:

Post a Comment